Saturday, March 31, 2012

A few Layouts I have been up to...

So, I promised at the end of last month that I would have a few posts. Well... I guess you have figured out that I failed to post like I wanted to. However, I have been busy getting other things ready behind the scenes :) I did a few layouts that I am going to post tonight, updated a newsletter that will be going out tomorrow via CTMH that will link back to this blog, working on some cards that will be posted later this week and other various projects. So, you will want to stay tuned. I really want to be more effective at this... So, here it goes. I hope you get some inspiration from these layouts
Missing You
This is one of my favorite layouts that I have done recently. I used the Close to My Heart Sonoma Paperpack and March 2012 Stamp of the Month Potential to complete this 2 page layout. I really love how the Cricut Art Philosophy Flowers stand out. I knew when I saw this paperpack last year, I would would be using it to scrapbook pictures of my grandmother. She passed away in January last year. Purple was her favorite color. So, I know this would have made her happy. The cut-away on the right page is pop-dotted so that I can put a DVD of photos inside to remember her. This is my special "tribute" page to her.
Best Friends

I just love the bright and fun colors of the Stella Paperpack. I can't wait to add pictures of Sydney, Reagan and Abbey on this Layout. Then, I want to do another layout for the Mommies that will have Jill, Rachel and I. How fun would that be? The little blue half circle under the orange block on the right page is a pull out journal tab that is under the orange pop dot cardstock. Gotta have hidden journaling on a best friends page!!

On the Beach

I have asked myself a thousand times "Why do I live in Ohio?" I love the beach!! If I could live on the beach, I would! I love the new Pemberley paperpack, seaside wooden shapes and the Perfect Day Stamp Set. This Layout came together so easy and I just love the clean look. I can't wait to put our family photos from Hilton Head on these pages. We all dressed in the classic White Shirt and khaki pant outfits. So, I think they will look stunning on these pages.

My Star
This 2 Page Layout was a ton of fun to do. I started with "flicking" paint on the pages to add a little distressing. Yeah, not sure if that is the technical terminology... However, you get the point. Then, I used a sponge and cocoa ink to sponge distess all of the edges of the paper. Elemental is another one of my favorite paper packets. I think I could use this packet for just about every season and subject that I ever needed to scrapbook!

No comments: