Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Little Chevron with Dotty For You

So, I went on the "Picture This" Bus Tour Yesterday and had so much fun!  We started out at 8am at "Picture This" in Eau Claire, WI.  We had breakfast, 2 make-n-takes and a little shopping.  Then at 9:30 we boarded the bus (all 42 of us).  We headed to Cannon Falls, MN.  We stopped at "CF Stamps etc." for 2 hours.  While there, we did a little more shopping, had lunch and a super cute make-n-take.  Finally, we headed to Osseo, MN for "We're Stampin' Mad".  This was a large store that also combined with a bead store.  The staff at all 3 locations were wonderful, the specials were great, I learned some neat things along the way and had fun with some great fellow scrapbookers.  I returned at 7pm.  After, catching up with Eric and the kiddos, having a bite to eat and resting a little.  I still felt very creative.  So, here are 2 cards that I created last night.  As many of you know... the Chevron Stripe is super popular right now.  So, I put my little twist on it with the Close to My Heart Dotty for You paper pack.
 Here is a Thank You card with a large Chevron Stripe in a quilting pattern with some fun rhinestone bling on top.
This card looks simple... but trying to get those little Chevron pieces in a straight line and evenly spaced was pretty tricky.  I like the clean look and Spring feel.  The Sentiment "You make the world a better place" is from the Close to My Heart July: Live out Loud Stamp of the Month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so creative. Love them both!
Sandy