Saturday, May 26, 2012

Butterfly Mobile

The pictures of this project just don't do it justice.  It is much better in person!  I loved doing this project!  I have seen so many mobiles on Pinterest.  So, I had to do one with my twist on it.  I used the Dotty for You paperpack.  3 Dowel Rods, Some White Hemp Yarn a Clasp Ring, Glue Dots and Liquid Glass. 

I started by weaving 3 dowel rods together.  Then, I tied a yarn strand at the end of each dowel rod.  I then tied a 7th strand from the middle.  These became the colorful lines of butterflies that you see.  (There are 7 strands of patterned paper butterflies.)  They are all cut using the Close to My Heart Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge.  Each strand is eaxactly the same.  The top butterfly is 1.5".  The next two down in the strand are 1.25" and the bottom two in the strand are cut 1". 

After the patterned paper strands were completed, I started  on the white butterflies.  There are 6 inside strands using the paper butterfly embellishment pack from CTMH.  Each strand has 3 sets of butterflies back to back.  I started with the largest butterfly in the pack and then chose two others that went down in size for the remainder of the strand.  I wanted the white to compliment the colorful patterned paper in the Dotty for You paperpack.

No comments: