Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A few bookmarks

 I am involved in a Facebook group for Close to My Heart Consultants and one of my fellow consultants is doing a swap.  She was looking for another person to fill the last two spots of the swap.  So, since I haven't done a swap outside of my ideabook group in awhile, I thought I would give it a go.  It will be fun to send off my creations and get a bunch in return.  I will post here later what I get back so that you can see.... 
 I am in two rounds.  The guidelines were that you needed to use a CTMH cardstock base, 2 paper layers and an embellishment.  So, here are my examples.  I made a fun Chevron stripe bookmark on kraft paper for one with some bakers twine.  The second is an altered paper clip.  I used the Tim Holtz die that I picked up at Picture This in Eau Claire (LOVE THAT STORE), used smoothie cardstock and a glitter brad that I pop dotted in the middle.  I used liquid glass to make sure everything stays in place.
 Here is a picture of the completed flower bookmarks for the swap.  I hope it inspires you to make a few bookmarks for your teacher gifties as the school year comes to a close.  They are super fast and fun!

No comments: