Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Feminine Birthday Card

Here is a fun and SUPER EASY card that I did recently for a swap group that I am in.  I used a card design from the new "Make it from your heart Volume 1" design publication from CTMH.  It is a fabulous tool!  It includes 16 two page layout patterns, two single page layout patterns, as well as 12 different card patterns.  I LOVE IT!  It is lightweight, easy to take to crops or open up on my work desk.  PLUS, it tells me how many pieces of paper I need, what size to cut them and where to put them.  Seriously, can it be any easier?  All I had to really think about was the paper pack (La Belle Vie) that I wanted to use and the stamp sentiment (from "4 You"). 

For an added touch to this card, I stepped it up a little by random stamping my own patterned paper with the August Stamp of the Month "Baroque Borders" in blush ink.  Once I stamped my paper, I cut it to the size that I needed and added it to my card.  I used my Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge to cut out a paper flower.  I pulled it over my blush ink pad, rolled it and added a little bling.  Finally, I added a piece of the bulk Silver Shimmer Trim to add a little more bling.  A girl can never have too much bling on her Birthday, right?  I hope you enjoy my card.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: